WE ARE OPEN
Queenslanders can now travel anywhere in Queensland and stay overnight.
Our priority will always be the health and well-being of our guests, colleagues and their families, so we have made a few changes to the way we do business.
- We prefer to greet you personally, but while COVID-19 is still active we will be offering guests the option of contact free check in and checkout. If requested access codes to the keysafe will be sent by sms. Sanitiser will be available at the key safe and at other locations around the hotel.
- All rooms are now “triple sheeted” so this is having an effect on decor.
- Breakfasts are no longer available on the verandah off the guest lounge but will be still served to your room and the verandah off your room.
- Group breakfasts for whole house events are no longer available until restrictions are eased.
- Due to additional COVID safe cleaning routines check in times may need to be ammended.
- TV and air conditioning remotes are frequent touch points so they are all being kept in zip lock bags for your safety. Please don’t remove the remotes from the bags.
- To use our beautiful guest lounge you must make a booking at reception, to ensure it has been sanitised after every use. Use is limited to four people due to size.
- Even if you are a concert pianist we ask that you do NOT play the piano in the guest lounge as we can’t control contact.
- We have also put away the chess set in the guest lounge for the same reason.
- Cookie Monsters will be disappointed that the bottomless cookie jar is having a holiday until life returns to normal.
- Coffee addicts will also be disappointed that we are discontinuing the public coffee pod machine as it represents a multiple guest touch point that is too difficult to control.
- Unfortunately our bowls of fresh seasonal fruit are deemed too risky in this post COVID world but they will be back when it is safe.
- The contents of every fridge will be emptied after each guest has left.
- To comply with government regulations we also require the names, addresses and phone numbers of ALL guests. Please provide these at the time of booking.
- PLEASE ensure you have downloaded the COVIDSafe App. None of us want to shut down the economy again because we can’t identify, track, trace and isolate fresh cases of COVID-19 through community transmission. Especially if you are travelling, it is good to know if you have been inadvertently exposed to someone who is carrying the virus.
Please be assured we are doing all we can to make your stay safe and pleasurable and ask that you comply with our requirement for social distancing and please don’t visit us if you are felling unwell.
We look forward to welcoming you to Vacy Hall anytime you want to stay.
Graham Higgins – Vacy Hall owner and host